- Thermal conductivity is 5÷10X better than alternative materials, which allows significantly higher power utilization.
- High speed, due to very low inductance of full Aluminum via.
- Very high routing density, < 1/1 mil metallic line/space.
- Suitable for RF applications due to versatile geometry of strip-lines,
- Waveguide structures, and controlled impedance lines.
- Possible to include integrated passives such as resistors in the multilayer.
- 3,000 vs. 400 thermal cycles.
- Single material system guarantees no epoxy glue and no peeling (unlike PCB’s).
- No cracking (unlike Ceramic).
Low Cost and simple manufacturing
- Low BOM large panel production.
- No via drill/etch and fill process.
- No need for plated through holes.
- No use of high temperature processes.
- Fewer number of process steps.